The Sun Valley Group (hereafter, SVG) respects the privacy and security of its users. Our goal is to provide you with a personalized Internet experience that delivers the information, resources, and services that are most relevant and helpful to you. In order to achieve this goal, we sometimes collect information during your visits to understand what differentiates you from each of our other users.
In order to demonstrate our commitment to your privacy, we have prepared this statement disclosing the privacy practices for the entire SVG site. Additional terms and conditions, if any, regarding the collection and use of your information may also be provided to you before you sign up for a particular service. Here, you will learn what personally identifiable information of yours is collected, how and when we might use your information, how we protect your information, who has access to your information, and how you can correct any inaccuracies in the information.
What Information is Collected:
The SVG collects certain information from and about its users in three ways -- directly from the user, from our Web server logs, and with cookies.
You should remember that whenever you voluntarily disclose personal information online, such as on message boards, through e-mail, discussion groups, or in chat areas, your information can be collected and used by others. Although the SVG tries to protect your personal information, SVG cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, and you do so at your own risk. You are also solely responsible for maintaining the secrecy of any passwords you set up and/or any account information.
- User-Supplied Information: When you sign up for a service, such as those offered for free or become a wholesaler of SVG and have access to the Member's Web, we ask you for your name, e-mail address, and some other personal information. The more accurate information you volunteer, the better we are able to customize your SVG experience.
- Server Log Information: When you visit an Internet Web site, you disclose certain information about yourself, such as your Internet [Protocol] (IP) address, the time of your visit, and the referring location (e.g., the Site or page that offered a link to an SVG page). The SVG, like many other sites, records this basic information about visits to its site.
How and When Information is Used:
We use information in different ways, depending on the type of information:
- User-supplied information: This information is used for purposes such as personalization, verification and managing our membership services.
- Web Server Logs: This information helps us identify which areas of our site are of interest to our visitors. The SVG also collects the Internet [Protocol] (IP) addresses of its visitors for the purposes of system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers.
- Cookies: We use "cookies" to let you use our services more easily and to let us keep track of certain statistical information that helps us improve our site. Cookies allow us to save passwords and preferences for you so that you won't have to re-enter them the next time you visit.
How We Protect Your Information:
The privacy and protection of your personal information is vitally important to us. SVG does not make personal information available to any third parties without your permission. Any user statistics that we may provide to prospective advertisers or third parties regarding your SVG usage are provided in the aggregate only and do not include any personally identifiable information about any individual user.
Your access to some services and content is password protected. We recommend that you do not divulge your password to anyone. SVG will never ask you for your password in an unsolicited phone call or in an unsolicited email. You should not disclose your user name and password to others. In addition, if applicable, you should remember to sign out of your SVG account or service at the end of each session. You may also wish to close your browser window when you have finished your work. This is to ensure that others cannot access your personal information and correspondence if you share a computer with someone else or are using a computer in a public place like a library or Internet cafe.
Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Accordingly, despite our efforts to protect your personal information, SVG cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to us, or to or from our online products or services. You transmit all such information at your own risk. However, once we receive your transmission, we make our best effort to ensure its security on our systems.
Who Has Access to the Information:
Except as described below, SVG will not willfully disclose any non-public, individually identifiable information about its users to any third party without first receiving that user's permission. SVG may disclose personal information when we believe in good faith that the law requires it or to protect the rights or property of SVG.
When you are at the SVG site and asked for personal information, you share that information with SVG alone, unless the service is offered in conjunction with another party. For example, although no such services currently exist, some SVG services may in the future be offered in conjunction with another company. In order to provide such co-branded services to you, it will be necessary for us to share your personal information with the company offering the co-branded service. If you do not want your data to be shared, you can choose not to allow the transfer of data by not using that particular service. This other party relationship will be made clear to you at such time in the future that co-branded services are offered. If you choose to share your data with a provider of a co-branded service, you should understand that those providers may have separate privacy and data collection practices. The SVG has no control over and accepts no liability for these independent practices. Each provider should provide more information regarding its privacy and/or use policies.
How to Correct Inaccuracies:
If you become a member or use other free SVG services, we may send you a confirmation e-mail confirming your new account and/or service. The message will be sent to the address that you supplied us and will describe ways for you to change or delete the account information provided. Remember to keep the confirmation e-mail as it will also contain information that will help you in case you run into problems accessing our services.
We welcome any questions or comments you have about the SVG site; please direct them to SVG Support.